Dog Bite Expert Witness Service
I am New Jersey State Animal Control Officer, Robert H. Brandau, Canine Behavior Expert. I provide expert behavioral opinions regarding personal injury as a result of an incident involving dogs. I am available nationwide for criminal and civil cases, plaintiff or defense.
What I do:
- Review discovery, evidence, and sometimes examine the dog and incident scene in order to render a scientific canine behavioral expert opinion and report.
- Provide an analysis of canine aggression, dangerous and vicious dogs, and dog breeds.
- Provide dog bite incident reconstruction.
- Give expert advice and analysis on your particular circumstances and provide expert witness testimony.
- Animal Control issues concerning dangerous dogs and notice.
- Evaluate canine behavioral problems, specifically aggression displayed towards humans and other animals, as well as provide basic and advanced training, scene assessment, human behavior concerning canines, non-verbal communications and human & canine body language.
- Show how to implement the correct procedure for the restraining and handling of aggressive animals. As a trained New Jersey State Certified Animal Control Officer, I am trained in establishing probable cause, scene assessment and how to collect and introduce evidence.
- Provide court testimony on canine issues. I have testified and been deposed in a number of dog-related cases and I am familiar with New Jersey Statute 4:19-23 Potentially Dangerous Dog Law.
Please contact me to discuss any of these issues:
- Dog bites
- Dog jumping incidents
- Dogs running at large
- Dogs terrorizing children or adults
- Lost dogs
- Canine containment and control issues
- Canine housing and care issues
- Canine co-ownership issues
- Invisible fencing containment issues
- Canine product liability cases
- Dog bite provocation
- Owner negligence
- Dogs possessing dangerous tendencies
- police dog attacks
- Olfactory (Scent detection and tracking) capabilities of police dogs used in suspect apprehension
- Standards of Care issues
Retain Me as an Expert.